The Municipal Works Officers Association (MWOA) has been structured to provide members with a forum for professional networking and fellowship, as well as opportunities for the exchange of ideas, information and technology.
The MWOA has six branches throughout Victoria including, Ballarat, Gippsland, Melbourne,
North Central, South Western and Wimmera Mallee.
The Association allows members to advance their education through a national two-day conference, as well as the opportunity to participate in interstate work exchanges, an International Study Tour and the Noal Bailey awards.
I would like to see all of our members take advantage of these special meetings, events and study awards. The industry and the climate in which we work changes continuously and our Association is dedicated to identifying and providing the information needed by works professionals to deliver best value in their workplaces.
The MWOA is proud to be affiliated with the National Works Officers Association (NWOA) and work with, Local Government Supervisors Association of WA, Tasmanian Association of Municipal Supervisors, Works Officers Association of QLD and the Local Government Supervisors Association of NSW. The NWOA is now networked nationally, and I encourage you to take advantage of our interstate connections, as we work together to further the professional development of all our members.
MWOA services include:
- Monthly Edition of The Networker (State Newsletter)
- Three editions per year of "ACCESS" (National Magazine)
- Attendance to all meetings of ALL branches at no cost
- The opportunity to participate in State and National Awards.
- Access through the executive to participate and investigate issues relating to local government operations and standards
- Access and introduction to fellow members, Contractors and Contracting Services to the local government sector.
- Seminars and Conferences organised around Works Officers responsibilities
- Representation on relevant boards and committees
- Representation on the NWOA
We work in a unique industry, with a broad range of activities and responsibilities, and the MWOA acts as an agency for the membership and Corporate Sponsors.
Take advantage of membership benefits, give me a call and maximise the associations networking capbilities.
Chief Executive Officer